Medical Equipment Customer Service & Entry Level Billing Representative
Team ZIKS is looking to hire a Medical Equipment Customer Service Representative within our DME (Durable Medical Equipment) Department. We seek candidates who are professional yet friendly and bring a dependable work ethic. Experience with Brightree billing software preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help patients who are dropping off or picking up prescription orders
- Enter prescription orders into the computer
- Create and update patient's health and Insurance information in the computer
- Assist the pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with local, state, federal, and company regulations
- Communicate with Insurance carriers to obtain payment for prescription claims
- At point of sale, verify that customer receives correct prescription(s)
- Complete weekly distribution center medication orders, place orders on shelves, and verify all associated paperwork
- Assist the pharmacist with filling and labeling prescriptions
- Prepare the pharmacy inventory
- Screen telephone calls for the pharmacist
- Communicate with prescribers and their agents to obtain refill authorization
- Compound oral solutions, ointments, and creams
- Prepackage bulk medications
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the community and pharmaceutical fields that relate to job responsibilities and integrate them into practice
- Assist in training new employees
- Assist other pharmacy technicians
- Assist pharmacist In scheduling and maintaining workflow
- Maintain knowledge of loss prevention techniques
- High school graduate. Associate degree or license preferred
- Prior customer service experience required. Experience in healthcare, specifically durable medical equipment preferred. Experience with fitting patients for medical equipment including back braces, knee braces and compression etc. preferred, or willing to be trained.
- Experience with Home Medical Equipment covered by all principle insurance companies including Medicare, Medicaid desirable.
- Proven abillty to function as a polite and cooperative team member with a desire to help others
- Proven computer literacy and ability to learn different computer programs.
- Ability to type at least 36 words per minute
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision while handling multiple tasks with numerous interruptions.
- Successfully maintains customer confidentiality and always adheres to HIPAA regulations in relation to customers PHI.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of medical terminology
- Meet all qualifications under Ohio Administrative Code § 47294